In the common law, a will or testament is a document by which a person (the testator) regulates the rights of others over his or her property or family after death. For the devolution of property not disposed of by will, see inheritance and intestacy.
In Thailand, when a person dies without a will. It is down to the law to decide who will benefit from the estate of the deceased. There are six classes of statutory heirs in Thailand. Each class is entitled to inherit in the following order;
- Brother and sisters of full blood
- Brother and sister of half blood
- Grand father and grand mother
- Uncles and aunts
If the legal spouse still alive he/she will also be a statutory heir.
Will let you choose your heirs and clearly outlines your last wishes. If you do not have a will, the law in Thailand will instead determine who inherits your properties. A proper will is a guarantee that your wishes will be respected.
Reasons To Create
Designate the persons or organizations that will receive your property after your death.
Own property to be distributed after your death.
Designate the person or organization who will carry out the terms of the Will.
Designate who will have the responsibility for the minor children if the other parent is unable serve as the natural guardian.
There are three types of will under Thai law:
- Holograph will is written by the testator and signed by himself, does not require of witness.
- A will made before public official is normally at local district office.
- A will made in the presence of witness and signed by the testator, at least two persons as witness sign in presence of the testator.
Before You Begin
Information we need from you:
- Names and addresses of the Beneficiaries, the persons and/or organizations who will receive the property.
- Name and address of the Executor, the per or organization who will carry out the term of the will.
- If you have a children, the names and addresses of the children.
- If you have minor children, the name and address of the person who will have the responsibility for the minor children, if the other parent is unable to serve as the natural guardian.
- A list of "bequests", that is specific gifts, that will be distributed first, and the names and addresses of the persons and/or organizations who will receive them.
- Information regarding the value of your estate, including the value of all assets plus life insurance proceeds.
Our Thai will and testament service will take approximately 4 days.
TILA legal, we provide will and testament drafting service by experienced Thai lawyers. We will assist you to draft your will and testament as you wish. And also translate it into Thai.
The end of your life is something you probably don't want to dwell on, but thinking about what will happen to your loved ones and your assets and personal possessions is important. Making sure you've done all you can to make their lives easier will give you peace of mind. Once your Will is drafted and signed, you won't have to think about it again unless something significant in your life changes.
Many people fail to protect their assets. Don´t make the same mistake!
Make your last will now before it´s too late!
Take control make your will today!
Our Professional fees are as follows:
1 hour Legal consultation with our English speaking Lawyer
15,943THB (USD 532)
See also: Thai one year retirement visa service