"When multinational companies seek to establish a presence in Thailand but do not wish to establish separate legal entity for some reasons. The multinational companies may want The Thailand Office which function as a part of the head office overseas. In this case the multinational companies may choose to establish Branch, Representative Office and Regional Office instead of a company limited.
The structure is very similar to a company limited as Branch are allowed to make a profit in Thailand also similar tax rules applied. However, the rules governing the activities of Branch are same as rules governing the activities of a foreign held company limited.
The structure is very different from Branch and Company Limited. The Representative Office is not allowed to earn income in Thailand. The Representative Office can provide advise to the head office overseas about the Thailand Market trend, or find suppliers and services for its head office.Regional Office
A multinational company may set up the regional office in Thailand which is not a stand alone legal entities. It is regulated to performing to specific functions such as training, management service, perform general marketing and sales promotion, on behalf of its head office overseas. The Regional Office may not earn income in Thailand
Branch, Representative Office and Regional Office setting up process;
Tila legal will assist you to prepare the documents required for the foreign companies wishing to do business in Thailand through a branch or representative office which should be notarized and certified by the local Thai consulate or embassy. However, these documents must not be more than six months old at the time of submission to the Commercial Registrar.
- Articles of Incorporation or Memorandum of Association.
- Articles of Association.
- An affidavit of the manager or corporate officer, stating the following:
- Name of the corporation, registration number, and date of registration:
- Address of the registered office
- Jurisdiction under which the corporation is registered
- Name, address, nationality, age and race of each director; number of shares held by each; and identification of the director(s) with the power to bind the corporation
- Authorized capital stock of the corporation, number of shares and par value of each, and amount of paid-up capital stock
- Total number of shareholders, their nationalities, and number of shares owned or held by each national group.
The above documents must be submitted to the authorities in some cases may be required additional documents, depending on the particular case. This process takes approximately 2-4 weeks.
Second Step, Tax Registration
After we the successfully registered your Branch, Representative office or Regional office. Tila legal will assist you to register with the revenue department. We will submit all documents required associated with the registration of the company's Tax ID card and Vat certificate to the central filing office of the Revenue Department. This step takes 1 day.