The first step that many foreign purchasers of property in Thailand overlook is performing a title search. This seems like common sense, but many foreigners make mistakes by not doing this. You will almost always learn something new about the property by performing a title search. The legal status of the title is accessible to the general public at the local Land office where the land is located.By conducting a title search one can determine the land's legal boundaries, whether the land has registered lines, mortgages, leases, etc.
Our legal service for Thai property title search:
Scope of services:
- Conducting a search on the title and relevant documents of the land.
- Ascertaining that the title document is in order.
- Ensuring that a seller is the current owner of the land.
- Confirm the lack of mortgage on the property, and the lack of further encumbrances, if any, on the land.
- Check actions against the seller in both local courts and the Central Bankruptcy Court.
- Verifying whether there is any restriction on the development of the land.