Is it possible for me to apply for the US-Thai Amity Treaty?

Apply for the protection under the US-Thai Amity Treaty.

The Treaty of Amity and Economic Relations between the United States of America and the Kingdom of Thailand. The Treaty of Amity was signed on May 29, 1966 and secured two major trade advantages for the U.S.

The treaty provides your American company some privileges such as;

1. The Treaty permits American companies to maintain a majority shareholding or to 100% own its company, branch office or representative office located in Thailand.

2. American companies receive national treatment, meaning U.S. firms may engage in business on the same basis as Thai companies, and are exempt from most of the restrictions on foreign investment imposed by the Alien Business Law of 1972.

There are some existing restrictions on American investment as follow;

Owning land;
Engaging in the business of inland communication;
Engaging in inland transportation and communication industries;
Engaging in fiduciary functions;
Engaging in banking involving depository functions;
Engaging in domestic trade in indigenous agricultural products;
Exploiting land or other natural resources

The Process to register for The US and Thailand treaty of Amity

In order to qualify under the Treaty, the conditions below must apply:

At least 51% of shares must be held by American citizens.

At least 50% of directors whose signature may bind the company must be American citizens

If the above conditions are met, our next step is to process your application.

First step

The applicants who wish to apply for The US and Thailand treaty of Amity have to obtain copy of passport notarized by the US Embassy in Bangkok or documents verifying that the company has been registered in TheUS.

Second step

Our lawyer will contact The US Embassy in Bangkok and then submits documents and letter confirming that the majority of business’s shareholders are US citizens and receives the letter from the commercial section confirming the same.

Third step

Our lawyer submits the letter previously issued by The US Embassy to The Ministry of Commerce in order to request a business certificate under The Treaty.

The process takes about five weeks to complete.

Please feel free to contact us for a free consultation with our English-speaking lawyers. Give us a call or complete the form below and press submit, we guarantee to respond within 24 hours.

Call Us +66 (0)2-662-2077

For a FREE No Obligation Consultation Please Contact Us Today

Call Us +66 (0)2-662-2077
For a FREE No Obligation Consultation
Please Contact Us Today
email Email: [email protected]

Monday - Friday
9.30 AM to 5 PM

phone Tel: +66 (0)2-662-2077
Fax: +66 (0)2-662-2078
map Google Maps

Phrom Phong BTS Station Exit 1
D.S. Tower 2, G Floor, Soi Sukhumvit 39,
Khlong Tan Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110